Sunday, February 04, 2007

Experiencing Life as a Commoner.

It's been a pretty exciting week for me because work started full force for me- working at my uncle's fencing factory (as an admin worker) in the day and tutoring at night. It's rather exhausting (my brother just commented that my eyebags were getting alot worst) but it's quite fulfilling. After all, i'm finally not being a slob all day at home but making some contribution (mainly to my bank acount -grins-) to the society, helping those in need (aint i noble? *tears*). But i think i'm quite fortunate that my (private tutoring) students are lovely people- either very friendly or easy to teach. However, I have to admit that teaching pri sch cases can be quite puke-blood cases, considering you have to strike a balance between maintaining discipline in the class -for some odd reasons pri sch children dont like to sit down. i wonder if they are trying to train to get pretty legs since young- and trying to make the class interesting -how on earth do you try to spice up 23 x 24? and how do you explain what does a sentence mean to a bunch of 7yrolds?-. But nevertheless, i think i really do get a sense of achievement from teaching these difficult kids, and i think im probably learning more than them. Now I understand how difficult it must have been for klui and kathytang to endure the people like me .. and dj of course.
Celebrated Stupid Monkey's b'day on sat. The 2nd consecutive b'day on a saturday we celebrated for our fellow loser mate. Ended up in some Jap restaurant in Wisma, but it was really ALOT of fun. Maybe because we spent most of our time embarrassing ourselves and laughing ourselves silly. For one, i screamed when i dropped my 95cents sushi on the table (excluding gst) and it was kinda .. abit loud, so it got most of the people in the restaurant staring at us (specifically liane and dj cos i was back facing the rest =P) and liane laughed till she cried and rubbed off all her eyeshadow (: see, free make up removal by leepeishan the babe. AHH, i mean princesspeishan (it alliterates!)
We then started to share what was the most interesting and fulfilling thing that we did during the week, and it ended sounding like a group therapy thingy 'cos we clapped after everyone's speech (oblivious to the stares from the public). And these are what the losers did:
1. DJ: She threw grenades. (And didnt die. DARN it.)
2. Liane: She completed 4 books ... during work.
3. Huien: ERMS, i forgot. This is how significant it is.
4. Peishan: I started work ... finally. No longer jobless (:
5. Yuhning: She turned 19. (afterall, its her b'day) and She lost weight. (I'm jealous.)
6. Prisc: She didnt trip (WOW!). She tutored kids (and didn't kill them). Someone thought she was pretty (He must have been blind. Or physically impaired.)
I'm proud of my loser clique.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dunno who was the one who had a huge crush on prisc..erhm erhm.

ern

ron said...

How dare you defame the princess! I will have you beheaded. And please, dont insult me. I will not stoop so low as to u know what a poodle.