Monday, February 12, 2007

CNY's coming!

Had a relatively busy day at work today, was putting in more effort than usual updating stuff, going to the bank to bank in money and helping Doris with the running of the office ... and I kind of managed to finish Devil Beside You (though not the entire series in the office). I was trying to youtube while my uncle was out so that I would not get ticked off again. I'm learning the trick of slacking quite well ;) Although, it's unfair that erns get to slack blatantly.
/
Devil beside You was surprisingly nice, and (shockingly!) I did enjoy watching Rainie playing that angelic, cute-sy and err, innocent or plain dumb (I can't tell) role. As usual, I wasn't attracted to the main character (Mike He), although I would have to admit that he can look quite good when he spots another hairstyle (while I saw on this clip when the cast of Devil beside You went onto Jackie's Guess- wo cai wo cai wo cai cai cai ). I like Yuan Yi (played by Kingone Wang Chuan Yi) in the show, Huien claims he looks like just some other random Korean, but at least he looks good enough to pass off as one ;). It doesn't help that he played a super-nice-guy basketball capt in the show. Basketballers just have this effect on me ... beats me why. The plot was not fantastic but at least it was comical, and managed to get me laughing quite a bit, which is a nice change from all the typical heartbreaking tear-jerkers taiwanese (and korean) dramas. Ern, Prisc and my student was introducing Hanakimi to me, and I was just contemplating on whether I should start it now that I completed Devil Beside You. No wonder Youtube earns big bucks ... it's darnit addictive.
/
Pot luck yesterday at my place was rather sad. Monkey went out with Bryan on an early V-day date, DJ had a Columbia interview (I hope she gets in, so she can fly to US and get out of my sight ;) ) and Erns was sick so it was just the four of us- Prisc, Liane, Huien and Me. No one actually really cooked anything. Prisc brought microwaved chicken wings (straight from instant food packets -_-), liane brought sweet and sour pork and chicken from the shop with the shortest queue near her house, Huien was 2 hours late and brought a bag of gummies, I got ngoh heong from Jackson's Food Centre on my way home from tuition. But still, we somehow managed to pass more than 4hrs laughing ourselves silly and chatting about nothing in particular. And it's really quite disturbing that the losers have been meeting quite alot during this break, 'cos we usually tend to meet about once a year, and still think it was frequent -_- Now, we are meeting at least once every week ... don't we sound like lovers? Dating every weekend? .... EEKS.
/
My V-day is going to be spent with my 2 least favourite students. How repulsive.
Can I skip it?
/
Joonie would be left waiting for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's mine lah..hands off!
erns