Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Princess Whines again

I got ticked off yesterday by my boss-cum-uncle for openly watching youtube ("Fly Daddy Fly" starring Lee Joon Ki) and accidentally blasting the volume too loudly (and i guess i accidentally laughed out loud). Not that I was particularly affected by it but more of, embarrassed about it. Since he technically can't complain/bitch to my parents or fire me, but i can sense that he doesnt like me as a worker (but there is seriously nothing to do in here). I'm trying hard to make myself useful, but I sense his impatience when he's trying to teach a greenhorn like me to deal with an industry that I am unfamiliar with (though it should technically run in my blood). But my fellow colleague, Doris, has been lovely (though sick today and i wonder if it's because of me) in explaining to me the day-to-day running of the office, the procedures and the jargons used. Unfortunately for me, most of the customers speak Hokkien (If you are wondering, I'm working in the Construction/Fencing Industry now.) and I can't decipher out a single word of what they are trying to tell me, which means i usually end up asking them in atrocious chinese if they understand chinese. Yes, and I technically got A1 for Higher Chinese- I suspect it's because there's no orals and RGS girls are infamous for being hardcore muggers (I'm just one of the typical prototypes.)
My uncle just left and Doris is sick, so now it's a one-man-show for me in the office. I hope nothing terrible crops up that I would have to deal with later :x My mum was telling me that maybe I should go the extra mile and work with the workers in the workshop as well. (Basically the office that I'm working at now is connected to a workshop/factory where fences are manufactured.) Which should be quite interesting, but I'm suffering from inertia and not moving my bum at all. Speaking of which, i think the foreign workers are actually rather interesting people. As they live in the workshop itself, I happen to see their living quarters and find really amusing stuff that they bring to Singapore. One of them (probably from india) brought along a pooh bear stuff toy to hug to sleep, another brought along a pretty transparent umbrella (the types usually used for stage dancing) to ... admire?
There are 5 foreign workers that work here permanently, 3 from India, 1 from China and 1 from Thailand. Since all of them cannot speak english, they don't communicate, but they are bunkmates. What an interesting rlnship, aint it? (: I havent met the thai one before, the Indian workers look alike to me so I can't tell who exactly am I talking to and the guy from China is surprisingly not-too-bad looking, which can be quite refreshing :P But no, I dont flirt with him because, I'm loyal to my darling Joonie (yes, i dreamt of him again last night. it's such a pity that we lovers can only meet at night. but romantic too aint it? (: )
Class outing tomorrow, although less than a quarter will turn up, considering the potential psc guys are already in army, and most of the girls are probably working and estranged from the class (like me. just that I have been for the past half year or so.), I'm still contemplating if I should turn up since my brother has an english test on friday and it's my duty to make sure he can miraculously make a drastic improvement and churn out some award winning essay in less than 2days. How possible is that, because if I can do so, I can probably charge 50-an-hour for english tuition.
Just to clarify, my social circle does not only include ernie-ku, and I only speak of this certain person many a times here because I think she's the epitome of humour- she's literally a walking joke.

No comments: