Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Office Life

Once again, the Princess updates from the office. I swear I feel like a (delusional) Paris Hilton, just that instead of filming my life as a commoner, I'm blogging my life as a commoner (: Because obviously, the real working world out there does not condone my current atrocious behaviour and I would have gotten fired on the spot for slacking so much at work, but since my Uncle and Dad has kindly offered me a sheltered make-believe office experience, there is nothing much I can do but accept this wonderful offer right?
Doris is back today, after listening to me whine about all the troubles I got myself in when she was away. I made quite a few horrible mistakes (from taking wrong orders to calculating wrong prices for customers) yesterday while she was away, and I can tell my Uncle is either too flustered or too exasperated to teach me much. So i basically sat in the Office, being nothing but a hindrance and occasionally answering phone calls, taking down msgs and telling the people on the other side of the line that Doris is sick and Ken (my uncle) is out and I know nothing because I'm new. Doris says that saying that I'm new is a good excuse (: that gets me off most of the time. But life is back to normal today, because it was just another day of random filing, cleaning the phones, changing the water for the air purifier and occasionally answering the calls again. Of course, not to forget updating my blog, chatting occasionally online, reading, watching youtube (I've learnt my lesson and I'm doing it with the mute button on now).
Completed Jeffrey Archer's False Impressions yesterday in office (but a not too apalling behaviour compared to blasting Fly Daddy Fly), it wasn't fantastic, maybe because I've been reading so many of J.Archer's books that they are getting predictable. But nevertheless, I always enjoy that shot of adrenaline that thrillers give me, and there are few authors that actually interest me. Those that do (Archer, Baldacci) are getting quite typical and losing quite some of their excitement. Recently started Lee Child, hope he will live up to my expectations. I hope to actually complete the Thriller Collection in Cheng San by the time I enter Uni (which isn't all too hard if my working duties are to maintain at this rate, and since ChengSan Library doesn't boast of an all too impressive collection.)
Had tuition yesterday with 2 Primary School (P5 and P6) kids in Boon Keng, and it was really one hell of a time compared to sec school kids. The P6 one kept arguing with me and talking about everything but work, so progress was really slow. And he kept asking me if he could play Maple (errs, I think I would never understand what exactly is the hype surrounding dwarfs shooting mushrooms and their friends. hmmm, why don't they just shoot Prisc?). The other one was not as good in Chinese, so his mum wanted me to teach him Chinese, and i think I nearly died. So i cheated by just doing his Chinese textbook with him (I would have puked blood trying to handle comprehension). After that, I went through reproduction with him, and I was really stunned by the amount of stuff he knew, and I eventually realised wasnt all too surprising since he reads National Geographic and a lot of other Science magazines. In fact, he was P5 and knew stuff about DNA, genes and Inheritence, which makes him quite a formidable foe as he would be able to see through the rubbish Science stuff that I had planned to just blabber to him. Darn. This P5 kid was also quite interesting because he kept farting throughout the lesson and found it extremely amusing ... I guess kids just cannot be embarrassed (: Which is nice, in a way. Their mum was a lovely woman, very nice and welcoming, so didn't make me feel too awkward when I couldnt really control her kids who were running about the house, and into the kitchen trying to steal the cookies she was baking. But I suppose it's a nice change after teaching boring sec school kids yeah? Though of course there are exceptions since some of my students are just plain sweet while others like Dramas (and Wu Zun -_-" why is everyone obsessed with him?!) and it's quite fun to chat with them ... and feel young. This break is making me age.
Erns sent me a link of Xiaxue undergoing a nose job yesterday on youtube, and I to be honest, I was quite surprised that so many staff were operating on her, because it seems a far cry from the more serious ops (e.g. lipo/ breast augmen) that I have witnessed. Nevertheless, I suppose its for visual effects, and lucky her gets a free Nose Job! I want one too, and another one to shape me chin ... to a pretty one like Lee Joon Ki's. I was just wondering if Joonie's had ever had done anything to his face before because he seems to be quite different from his past (and i do not mean only hair style), but even if he did, I applaud it because I think it's a job damn well done. In fact, I think he looks almost perfect (:
Erns just commented that I'm getting too whiny here, ok maybe it's time to change the tone eh?

No comments: