Wednesday, June 03, 2009

And hopefully Prague will start looking prettier.

I just do the silliest things sometimes, like accidentally clicking ok to "reformat SD card?" when fiddling with my cam. Meaning that i basically lost all my photos from the 1st 2 days in Prague. Which is really a pity.

I dont quite mind losing 1st day's photo of the old town square and astro clock, cos i was just too tired that day to really enjoy Prague (in fact, i was disliking it and on the verge of hating it.) so it wasnt really worth remembering it in Print or Picture.

But Day 2 was pretty fun. I really enjoyed the Charles's Bridge (even though it was under construction and hence the grandeur was diminished significantly), and I absolutely LOOOVEEEDD the John Lennon wall even though it was just this wall for hippies to leave their graffitti (maybe im a hippie at heart). Stopped by this cafe that had gorgeous looking cakes, that were going for half price. But only when we went in, the owner said we had to order an exorbitant drink to get it at half price. Which is sooo unethical. It totally didnt help that his attitude was so darn bad (Im getting the anal kelvina-mama syndrome) and he's not cute at all plus the cake only looked pretty. Got me ranting at him after we left for a bit.

Petrin hill was awesome too, there were pretty flower beds which me and Prisc took like 1001 pictures in there (now all gone). Moreover, I quite enjoyed the walk through the meandering paths as well (reminds me of Bukit Timah Hill ... kinda.) We stopped by this touristy restaurant midway, which was surprisingly awesome. I had Bohemian Onion Soup with Cheese Toast, that was realllllyyyyy good. Only wished it was creamy, but i guess you cant have creamy onion soup can you? (Totally craving the seafood soup i had in Norway now). Prisc had this duck dish that looked really tempting too. Price was decent. Hers being about 10quid and mine was 50koruna, meaning about 2quid?

I guess being long at a place just grows into you. As least for me, i like things familiar. Like how im starting to really love London. I actually think London is gorgeous.

Hopefully i will start loving Prague too. Afterall, its just wrong to say smthing along the lines of Prague being not pretty (but all european buildings do look the same after some time no?) or not enjoyable.

No comments: