Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PS Cafe.

It seemed that putting on the 2kg isn’t surpressing my appetite one bit. In fact, if anything, Im like craving even more random stuff.

Upon many many people’s recommendation, I finally had a go at PS Café. I visited the one at Paragon instead of the much raved about one at Dempsey. But personally I felt it was overrated. I mean, it was (relatively) good food and the atmosphere was cool stuff. The cafe got this back to 60s feel and loads of entertaining magazines to keep you occupied. And it wasn’t crowded during lunch time, which was a great plus.
But I don’t think the food deserves the price tag one bit, and it wasn’t… like oomph satisfying. I had the mushroom soup and a ham and brie sandwich. The mushroom soup was delicious, thick with fresh mushroom bits. I also like the way they added my favourite salad leaves- rockets into it. The serving’s not large, so you can either see it as not value for money or that it gives your enough stomach space (or less calorie intake) to go on to the next part of the meal.
The sandwich was good, for Singapore standards but I think it is possible to get bread of such standards at a better price elsewhere. The Brie was yummy though and I like the apple chuntney sauce that they added into it. The sandwich came with cold smoked ham, which was a pity cos I personally prefer them cooked and … stronger tasting.

Accompanied my mum to Spagaddies after that, and I don’t think Im ever going back there again. Felt like Ive wasted my calorie intake.

Okay, time to stop talking about food. I can imagine Ern’s face now.

No comments: