Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Return of SHOHOKU!

SLAM DUNK HAS OVAs!
(I did a quick check on amazon and it seems that they have released a DVD set with all 101 original episodes with the 4 movies or OVAs. I'm not too sure when it was actually released though, cos I had never heard about Slam Dunk OVAs until recently when I chanced upon them while watching WANDS clips.)
Part of the 1st OVA: http://youtube.com/watch?v=b-8YKqNibl8
Gosh, its been such a long time since I last saw kaede playing. And he is still as good as ever.

There are 4 OVAs, and I personally prefer the 4th one best. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBwsxd1c1LY)
I literally went mad when I saw kaede do a fade-away shot. That's my favourite move (executed by my favourite character), which explains why I like hanagata a lot as well.
I'm starting to like Miyagi more (well, afterall I always have this thing for point guards) and also, finding Sakuragi more endearing. I always wonder how these people find the strength (physical and mental) to play those amazing matches.
Watching these OVAs just made me like Kaede and Mitsui more than ever, and Miyagi and Sakuragi too. Dj likes Akagi/ Gori as well, but I find his character a little too typical.
Either way, Im so glad to be able to watch Shohoku again!

It's making me nostalgic. Its times like this, late into the night when I should be sleeping and not letting my mind run wild and stuffing my face with wangwang that I wish that I could be back in 406 again. I think that's undoubtedly the best class I have had in my life (not that I have lived that many years and been to that many classes).
There were people who didnt mind you the way you are, tell you when they are annoyed at you and forget that they ever was after that. People who would tell me honestly that Im getting fatter, and that I should lose some weight, with no malice intended. People who would stay up with me into the night and help me with my essays. They are everywhere in the world- Singapore, Japan, Australia, UK. But somehow, they are always reachable when I do need them- to check grammar, for a favour or just to talk and b*tch.
I think I have really high expectations, but I would definitely call them friends (:

Ok, this is starting to sound quite cheesy. But Im really feeling so blessed now, cos I had loads of people helping when the past few days, people who went out of the way to do so, and I'm feeling that its almost surreal. Its almost too good to be true. But it was ...
So thank you! (:



ED: Hang in there for Med School (: I'm struggling too, but we can make it. I'll see you soon in Easter ok!

1 comment:

tafmai said...

eh is isaac newton really anorexic and gay? hahahahhaahahahah does anorexic = work so hard until forget to eat? and does gay = because he never get married, .: must be gay?

haiyo haha but it was very funny thank you:D i think i like his eccentricity, and how he's such a grumpy old fart. :)

-meixian