Wednesday, January 26, 2011

新年快来了!

Had a day off today, which really is a great luxury. Despite that, I didnt quite manage to sleep in, was up and about by 8am. Unlike most uni students my age, I have trouble sleeping in even when I want to. I just have this extreme paranoia to jump out of bed asap cos I have 1001 things to do.

I have been feeling very festive recently. I mean since Im in a land whereby 99.99% of the population doesnt know that the biggest event of the Chinese calendar is next week, its really up to the individual to create the 气氛.
It actually feels really good to start chucking all the bits and pieces which I have been collecting in the past year but have never used (I still have the garang guni/ rag & bone man mentality. You know when you are young, you would keep everything from wrappers to broken toys 'cos you just dont wanna throw anything away. I still have this bad habit.) and ridding the house of all the dust and dirt. Started with my loo yesterday and Im going to work my way to my study area, room and then the living room.

On top of that, Im really looking forward the CNY eve reunion with my favourite people in London (32nd councillors) which Im sure will be filled with laughter, joy and loads of food! And then 人日 celebrations with the medics, of course over even more food!

Its been 4-5 years since I last celebrated CNY at home with family and friends and solid good quality singaporean yummies. I really cant wait for the day that I can throw my square cap in the air, get the scroll I have been working for for the past 5 years and take SIA back to Singapore for the last time. Its gonna be bittersweet, but I think its time for me to go home. I have had my good share of fun.

No comments: