Tuesday, January 11, 2011

All your wide- feet ladies.

Yes, after years of searching, I have finally found the right boot. I know this is such a Carrie Bradshaw moment, but i really just cant contain my excitement.

For someone like with a funny arch and really wide feet, finding the right shoes/ boots has always been the biggest challenge. For women, you would know how important it is to find a bra that fit, like it just cant be uncomfortable in any way.
To me, Shoes are that and more ... 'cos it has to be aesthetically pleasing as well. And whilst most people have the luxury of having a wide range of choices, having a pair of slim cinderella feet, I have always been plagued with the problem of having to put on a pair of shoes/ boots that either hurt (slightly in front cos its too tight or at the back 'cos I had to get a bigger size to fit the front and the back of the shoe would be too loose & cause abrasian) or settle for something like crocs (eeps.).

Aesthetics and comfort never seemed to agree at the same time for me, until I found this baby a couple of days ago at Birkenstock's in Covent Garden.
It doesnt look like Jimmy Choo's but it doesnt resemble Crocs as well. But best of all, wearing it feels better than not wearing shoes at all!




For those who have ever owned a pair of Birks sandals, you would probably know that the sole is awesome for peeps with wide feet. And the contoured sole is just amazing, I almost feel like I could stand on them forever! For me, the arch support it provides really does help to redistribute the weight on my feet, which makes it even more comfortable than not wearing shoes at all.

Its probably a splurge, but hopefully, it would be able to last as long as my sandals (4years and still going strong)!

For more designs, check out the Birkenstocks website!

No comments: