Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pre- London makes me emo.

I think one of the best things about studying overseas is that you get to have an excuse to ask anyone out on the week before you fly (or reject those whom you dont want to see by saying you are too busy packing), and people generally make time for you. And because you dont get to see these people often, meet-ups are usually really precious and special. Its like I feel this whole wave of blessed-ness everytime I meet yet another person for a meal, and get all soft and gooey (and not feel like leaving for London anymore).
Part of me laugh at myself for being all so emo, and the other part doesnt want me to stop being like that, 'cos its a really awesome to know that you have friends who seems like they would be there forever. (Oh man, so cheesy, I so have got to stop this.)

A couple more days before I'm off. It means a whole term more of stressing out to make the mark and not disappoint everyone back home, trying to integrate into the angmoh lifestyle (and re-learn how to small talk), and getting used to the fact that you have to do laundry and cook and change your bedsheets yourself again. And for me this coming year, living with someone else, meaning that I almost always wont have any alone time. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that I would like my roomie, and be able to get use to the lack of personal and private space.

But all in all, I'm glad I'm doing what I am doing, at where I am. I've opened my eyes to a whole load more things, and learn to appreciate everything more.
Plus, it does allow me to travel quite abit ;) Although it would be nicer if I have loads more money to do more of it.


PS. Flights to Norway, Oslo during UCL intermodule week going for 2pounds (no taxes!) on ryanair. Anyone interested?

1 comment:

tafmai said...

eh, ni mei you send wo pictures, wei shen me!