Saturday, February 02, 2008

Wine and Cheese and Unread notes.

And Im having dinner now in front of the computer,
In an attempt to save some time (cos I just HAVE TO go online and do rubbish like this every once in a while) and also so that i wont get distracted (and spend too much time in the dining hall),
Cos I so need to catch up on my revision.
This is my worst module yet,
And for some off reason I dont feel so bad that Im lagging so much behind.
Maybe the fear should kick in soon,
So that I would have some adrenaline to get my bum off and start sticking my face into my undone tutorials.

Wine and Cheese night was excellent, and its so much fun as always when Im hanging out with the Birmies.
I didnt drink though, but I was high on endorphins.
It seems like my prayers have been answered, and the situtation is all resolved. Thank God, Thank goodness (:

The independence and freedom that Im getting here is one of the best things about being in London. I can be out till 4am when its one week away from exams (and I have done nothing about it whatsoever). And I get to plan my time, decide if I want to go for lessons, go for socials or spend time alone.
And of course, the chance to go travelling a lot.

But, there are its downsides. (Oh dont we wish there isnt!)
The lonliness that comes in pangs once in a while,
The increase in appetite (for girls, and loss for guys)- meaning the increase in dress sizes as well. Which isnt at all good news when you come from an island where everyone is puny.
And the self-discipline that you really need to have-
So that you wont go down the drain,
Fail your course,
Squander your parents' money on booze and parties,
Get yourself pregnant,
Or get into some fight and get yourself mangled.
OH yes, and not eat so much so that you dont go home doubling your dress size.



Annndddd, its gonna be the first CNY,
Im spending
away from home.

No comments: