Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reading Week.

UKSSC- SUKA's CNY Dinner
"Shark's Fin"- tasted like colgate to me though.

Some of the girls of my table singing BSB's I want it That Way on stage

Yups, the emcee dressed up as the God of Fortune. Which really made the atmosphere so much fun (:

The girls of my table. We won the Yumseng competition (yeah, it was the battle of the loudest.)


Yes there was a couple of bottles of free wine (:

Everyone's attacking the food.

Andre's Acappella group. And yeah, they were good (:

Me, Meifang and Xinyi (:

Elvina (who is seriously a bimbo),Raehui and I

Lion Dance!

Me and Miche and her chinese dance fan




It's the start of a new term, and I think I havent done a good job in starting it properly, despite my resolutions to work -alot- harder for this module and not to mess it up like what I did for circulation and breathing. I pretty much slept through most of the lectures and came really late for dissection cos I forgot to bring my ID card and had to go back to get it.
But i guess its not too late to start today right! Whoever says that starting afresh must be on a monday or the first day of school right!

Anyway, UCL just had a reading week, though for the medics its slightly shorter because we had exams on the first 2 days (which im pretty sure I have failed, sadly). I'm rather glad that I stayed in London, cos it meant a lot of rest for me. (I didnt wake up before 1pm on any of the days. In fact, I got up at 7.45pm on Wednesday, meaning that i pretty much didnt get much sunlight for most of the week.)

And also, I got to catch up with RaeHui, in fact so much that Im probably getting sick of her :P But she was one of those rare few who didnt exploit the chance to go travelling, so I didnt have much of a choice when finding company since no one else was in town anyway. Which explains why, we are now mad enough to be planning a weekend getaway to possibly Barcelona, Brussels or Sardinia. Or basically anywhere that has cheap flights.

Saturday was spent having dinner and playing Mahjong and pool with the medics, which is rather nice in a way. 'Cos the sushi that miche made was brilliant, and it was nice just bumming around, doing something else other than sleep, eat and youtube (which is pretty much what Im degenerating into). And im really jealous of Eejean's hall, cos it has a nice common room, and tv room and her room is big and new and ensuite. But no complaints, since she is paying 40pounds more per week than me, and I dont think I would be able to afford that extra burden. The fact that Im getting used to the pound is already worrying me a lot, I think I have stopped converting, which is bad news ... for my dad.

Sunday was really wonderful, cos I pretty much let myself sleep till 3.30pm (since its the last day of reading week), and then went for Singapore UK Association (SUKA)'s CNY dinner at Phoenix Palace after that. Apparently it was the 2nd best Chinese place in London, according to my senior, which is sad. 'Cos i think there was wayy more restaurants in singapore that can beat it hands down, be it in terms of service or quality of food. But for 15pounds, I have no complaints cos its really rather good for London standards (hmms, wonder if Im sounding rather patronizing and picky), plus the programme was really good, and I loved the atmosphere during the dinner. In fact, my table won the Yumseng competition, and everyone claimed that it was my voice that was the loudest. I sincerely hope Im not known as The Screamer, it would be highly embarrassing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like u had fun, even though the shark's fin doesn't sound the least bit appetising...

we should start planning our korea trip!

ern