Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Indo Earthquake!

Today is technically the day when I should join the mad scramble for application at NUS and other UNIs. Unfortunately, I'm suffering from inertia, and am still currently doing nothing about it. But at least I have 2 weeks to go about fretting about such stuff and my boss says its perfectly okay to take time off to go settle my personal stuff during this period of time. (: how nice ehs?
Not that i really need the time since I'm not applying for scholarships of any kind. Wonder if there are bond-less partial grants out there that is available for any course of my choice overseas? That would be perfect!

Met Ahgake for lunch at raffles place ytd, and we sat by Singapore River having Mac's, cos the food was easy to take away and relatively more uncrowded than the rest of the other food places.
Went back to work late after a super heavy lunch, and was the eventually evacuated from the building cos of the Indo Earthquake. So decided to meet up with Ahgake after that to go shopping in City Hall. How well-informed we are about the safety precautions to take during an impending natural disaster -_-" but i wasnt the only one who was so nonchalant cos i did see alot of office girls grabbing the chance for early day off to do some shopping as well. But honestly, i hope that the condition in Indo wont be that bad. I send my condolences to the family and friends of the casualties.
Today is almost like work back to normal in Shenton Way, but I wonder how is it like in Indo? :(
Erns ytd was complaining that she didnt get evacuated cos she wanted to be off from work early. She's sucha a bum, even though i admit that i was secretly glad i could leave early. Cos i was feeling kinda guilty for neopeting and instant emailing people in the office already. And my workstation isnt exactly at the most secluded of places.


Kind of finished scanning the documents that I was supposed to read, and still wondering if I should take out my story bk to entertain myself meanwhile. But its kinda rude ehs? GARR, bored.
Hope that PKX can join me for lunch later cos its really boring to have to lunch alone. Self- entertainment can be exhausting.
Might be meeting erns and juan for dinner later at clementi before tuition.

I'm dead broke now and it sucks, cos ytd I had less than 2bucks in my wallet and my student's mum asked me to cab down to her house and she paid for my fare. DAMN it. I have to admit sometimes i get irritated at my mum for not giving me allowance and insisting that I save every single cent of my income. garr. and i wish my previous employer (aka uncle) would pay me soon.

No comments: