Thursday, December 22, 2011

Xmas plans!

Its 3 days to Xmas, and Im starting to feel the excitement!

Im currently planning an Xmas eve party at MBS (thanks to my parents for giving me a room all to myself) for some of my friends. The dinner menu is starting to look more exciting ...

1. Starters- Old Chang Kee curry puffs, squid head etc (Good ol' Singaporean faves. I would ideally like to get the curry puffs from A1 at Taka, but its too much of a hassle to go all the way down there that morning.)
2. Greens- Salad/ Asparagus (Lovingly tossed/ made by May)
3. Bailey's Chicken Wings (Im really looking forward to this alco twist of one of my fave foods ... again by May)
4. Mains- Pizzas from Timbre (Hopefully the duck pizza is as good as they all make it out to be.)
5. Dessert- Ice cream Log Cake from Swensen's (Probably the most chrismassy item on the menu.)
6. Drinks- Diet coke, green tea ... and maybe I should bring in the vodka (which would go well with both coke and green tea.) and fix some sangria as well! (Since i still dont know how to make mulled wine.)
And probably loads of mineral water to get through a potential AI (alcohol intoxication).

I was just wondering if I should throw in some german sausages (but i would make the menu so protein laden which I dont think us girls would fancy so much).
And fruits would probably be a good idea as well ... maybe I could fix a fruit salad yay!

Of course, there would be snacks for us to nibble on through the night and loads of silly games and of course... CARDS!

I think its time for me fix up an Xmas playlist on my Mac now!

No comments: