Friday, December 23, 2011

A week wasted.

I feel immensely guilty that all I have been doing for the past few days are eat, sleep and ... eat outside. Or watch shows on my computer and whatsapp.

I have about 1 wk left in singapore, and Im dreading it so much this time- because there are so many people I would like to have more time with, so many food which I havent had the time to have, and so many things which I would like to do ... and finally, so much work which needs to be done when I get back to London. And this time, with Kiki not around, its going to be pretty lonely (oh so lonely) for me in that empty apartment. Hopefully, I would be distracted by the work and stress of MBBS

And of course, this year, I have chinese new year to look forward to, cos some of the Losers are flying over to spend it with me ... true friends indeed (not tt they did it purely for me). Sadly, CNY has lost its appeal altogether for me- as an older friend told me, Im going to come back to have loads of people asking me "Have you brought your bf home?", "When are you getting married?", "Oh, you must earn alot as a doctor. How much do you earn?" Seriously. And of course, how much I have put on since I left singapore.
Moreover, now I really dont need CNY to see my grandparents and my cousins, they organise so many gatherings that Im more in the loop with their lives now than in the past (when i used to see them once a year).
Of course, with Facebook, everyone knows whats going on in each other's lives (which is a double edged sword since it can be dangerous with malicious relatives too). And having been away for so long, Im starting to appreciate all these little time I have with my family and Im starting to make the effort to go down to visit my grandparents whenever I can. Its scary how much things have changed in 5 years for me- I've mellowed, what I want and what I think is important have all changed as well.

I am looking forward to coming back to Singapore, but I know Im going to complain and cry and whine about missing London and wishing I was back there again. But hopefully, I would be strong enough to suck it up and plod on ... without being jaded and bitter.

No comments: