Thursday, December 29, 2011

Of Xmas and Boxing Day 2011.

I had the most beautiful xmas ever this year (:
Im so thankful that this year not only did I get 2 nights at MBS, loads of good food but I also spent it with such a lovely bunch of people.

MBS was amazing, I love the toilet there. Judge me, but I judge how awesome a place is based on their toilets and MBS is definitely up there in terms of that. I like the fact that there is a shower and a bath tub (it was oh so shiok soaking in it), a separate door for the loo (so when someone else poo- poos, the smell can be contained within) and separate sinks for couples to brush their teeth/prim themselves at the same time. Little things that goes a long way to making the stay more pleasant. The room was pretty nice, not like out of this world but defo 5 star standard at least. Afterall it is a new hotel and new things are always nice. The staff were surprisingly helpful and friendly- happy to provide us with a table and ice and knife and all sorts of funny requests we had. Also, they sent up the cleaning team at 8pm for us (cos we were just lazing in the room for the whole morning) when we asked for it, without any hints of irritation.

Of course, what makes good celebration is always the people. Spending it with the Losers (my sec 3/4 clique) just made the whole stay memorable. Loads of heart to heart talks and catching up and even more loser stories and laughter. Plus this time Huien the lumpsy was back from Aussieland to attend one of her mate's hen's party (gosh people are starting to get married). Xmas eve dinner was also joined by may (a very unlikely friend considering we have personalities world's apart) and mindy and monica who cant stop quarreling with each other. Of course with my family and cousins and some of my brother's friends (kids who really make me laugh). So it was really one nice big gathering!

Now, post- Xmas ... BOXING DAY SALES START! Apparently, its been crazy in London this year, with record breaking sales and a fatal stabbing along Oxford Street. Of course, I have to join in the fun (not in the stabbing), even if im not physically in London. I have scoured through the websites of Topshop, Warehouse, F21, Dorothy Perkins, Ms Selfridge, Selfridges etc and managed to nab quite a few pieces for pretty good prices. Looking forward to them greeting me when I head back to London on New Year's Day. Shopping in Singapore is really getting way to expensive nowadays. I just cant afford anything locally! :( If there is one thing im gonna miss from London, it would be online shopping ... and freedom of course.
But really, its time to come back home. Better to be rough it out when you are younger than later yes?

New Year's coming .. its time to make some resolutions.
I think I shall give up on the whole dieting business this year since it hasnt worked .. since I was 15 maybe?

No comments: