Friday, March 20, 2009

Peish's 21!

This blog has been abandoned for way too long 'cos:
1. I havent had internet at my place till recently when i found out how to use Roamnet (which is like UCL's free wireless). I refuse to buy internet from school for my hall.
2. I have had too exciting a life (at the expense of work of course, which i will try to catch up in easter ... hopefully somehow someway)- Dublin and Bday celebrations.
3. Ive been sleeping way too much. I was out last night at 7pm and up at 7am, which is ridiculous really (esp when my workload continues to pile up).

Anyway, turning 21 is nothing very special really. I dont feel any different, not even the typical "I feel older." (I have already accepted the fact that im old considering all the protaganists of the dramas I watch are younger than me.)
But still i did manage to spend my 21st in a way which i would have lived- with family, or those whom i would consider so in London.

Basically, my bday started off with a 3day 2 night escapade to Dublin with Yush and Dj, and it def rocked. I'll talk more about this later (when the pictures are up- I dont have net now cos Im typing this on the bus on my way to the hospital.) It was loads of fun and loads of GREEN. Sometimes, i really wish that i was born 1 day earlier, so that my bday would be St Pat's Day and loads of Green (((((: Now we are making plans for Turkey in Summer yay!

My big day itself was spent battling and screaming at kids who have become way too chummy with us, which was nice in a way. And it was really heartening seeing how some of them can actually hold a rather basic mandarin conversation now (: One of them even gave me a box of chocs for my bday (of course, not knowing that i hate chocs ... though i plan to not waste it and regift it whooooops.)

After which was the highlight of the day- DINNER WITH THE COUNCILLORS (or at least those who are in London- Paul Mark Xun Stef). I love Stef to bits when she makes the nice extra effort to make the pilgrimage down to London on my day yearly (even when she has to head off first thing the nxt morning to France for skiing). And Paul, for baking me a green pandan cake which turned out really well (tsk tsk babe). And Daddy and Mark, for just being there, and those people who know them both, know how they can make any event a happy one (: It would have been nice if i could spend it at home with family, but this also means that i get more than 1 bday celebration!

Im going for Prezzo with Rae and Miche and Bonny today and quite looking forward to it, heard that the food there is not bad ;) I love the 2for1 deals!

Im looking forward to making plans for summer. As of now, Im thinking of going down to Turkey with Yush and Dj, some of Europe with Prisc (yes she is coming to Europe!) and Berlin with Stef. Awesomeness (((:
But of course, this would be after battling the much dreaded end of years :(

No comments: