Saturday, March 07, 2009

Advice for buying a Digi Cam!

Im supposed to be moving house this afternoon, but the problem being that my roomie is still asleep, and its rather difficult to do anything major without making a din, so ive decided the next best thing to do would be to do laundry (and wait 1h for it, cos the machine is nuts and spins your clothes for 3 cycles instead of 1) and blog.
Im feeling a tad worried now cos Jon wont be able to make it after 2pm, so i would have to move alone if my roomie doesnt wake up soon. Either that or i will just move in batches, but that would be yet another hassle. I just cant wait to get this over and done with.

That aside, Ive a query for discerning camera users, cos im thinking of getting a new digital cam. Im not too fussy about it, just something that allows me to take decently nice pictures on my trips and I would be quite happy with it.
After Paul told me that he got his 10MP Canon off Amazon at 150quid, Im inspired to get one (my previous one died after someone dropped it during my thailand trip).

Canon PowerShot A470 7MP Digital Camera
Specs are as follows:
  • Body material metal.

  • 7.1 mega pixels.

  • 3.4 x optical zoom.

  • 4 x digital zoom.

  • 2.5in LCD screen.

  • High ISO auto digital anti-blur solution.

  • Face detection - 9 faces.

  • Continuous shooting - 1.9fps.

  • Red eye reduction.

  • SD, SDHC, MMC, MMC plus, HC MMC plus compatible.

  • 32Mb memory card supplied.

  • Movie capture with sound.

  • Maximum ISO range 1600.

  • 15 scene modes.

  • Pictbridge compatible.

  • Accessories included in box - wrist strap, 32Mb memory card, AV cable, Interface cable, User manual kit.

  • 2 x AA batteries supplied.

  • Weight 165g.

  • Size (H)5.51, (W)10.48, (D)4.07cm.
I read a few reviews online and most say its relatively good, plus its going at Argos for about 50quid which I think is relatively reasonable. But i dont know if I should just go about getting a better digi cam instead? Advice anyone? Or any recommendations? (:

Or does anyone knows if Samsung cameras are any good? Cos they go for quite competitive prices too.

Or this: Sony DSC H10 (my current fave option, after looking around for a bit.)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Cyber-shot-H10-Digital-Camera/dp/B0017ODWJ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236427602&sr=1-1


-

I met up with Paul finally, after I dont know how long, even though we stay like streets away from each other.
Time really flies when you are with good friends. Cos the next time i checked my watch it was like 5hrs later? We went at about 6.30pm and were the last customers to leave, only just as GBK was about to close. We did try to see how many neighbours we outsat, and obviously won all of them, including a (relatively) big birthday party gang.
But really, its so nice to be talking to a friend who is also a kiam pok, and have so similar views on so many things (the only thing we disagreed on during the night was coffee. I absolutely love it, and he hates it. OH well.)
And the nicest thing would be to have a friend like this when you are away from home, in London.

This week has be totally slack and unproductive for me, getting nothing done (but planning trips and buying DVDs and (story)books). But after moving house, im going to start getting my butt off and work abit.
I did a short tracheo course yesterday and Im so totally looking forward to having clinics next yr! Im actually pretty jealous that the NUS people get to start it before me :P

1 comment:

Kelvin said...

hey babe, jo's using a LX3 from panasonic at the moment, and it's absolutely brilliant with the photos it takes. the functions are great and all but the price is a little steep. consider it though, the photos are really nice. =D