Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Post of 2009.

Finally, with 2 days to my formative assessment, Im resurrecting my blog again. Its just impossible to blog in singapore, not because there isnt anything to talk about but because the time can be better spent everywhere else. I even rather just lump in front of the tv watching old shows. (I only wish I had a tv here with starhub cable!)

Christmas break was awesome. ((((((((((((:

I started Christmas break with a trip to China, to Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Wuxi area. And sadly, i didnt quite like the trip mainly cos it was with a tour group, and we had to wake up early everyday plus it was too cold in China, meaning that i was seeking refuge in the coach most of the time. (Yes, im sad. I dont ever get accustomed to the cold.)
Shopping in Shanghai is overrated, cos all the overseas brands were seriously overpriced (like 3x that of singapore). Brands like Bossini and Giodarno were considered "branded products" too. And i doubt anyone of us would be willing to don smthing that reads "clio coddle" under a crocodile/ alligator sign. (Pictures will be up when my brother finds the memory card reader to transfer the pictures from the cam.)
But food there was good and cheap (not dirt cheap but cheaper than restaurants in singapore), if you can find the correct restaurants, which I only managed to go to after the tour ended when my dad's business friends brought us around during our extension. In fact, I thought they served better food of higher quality than Tunglok or Lei Garden. And i managed to try Snake and Turtle and Bat meat. I didnt do it willingly, but got cheated into it. But to be fair, they tasted quite good. And China has the best Da Zha Xie (Freshwater Crabs) I have ever tasted.

Pulled out my wisdom teeth after the holiday, and was stuck with a dull aching pain and then a cold that caused me to completely lose my voice :x Took me more than 1wk to recover and morph from Gollum to Anita Sarawak.

And of course, Singapore's only best cos this is where friends and family are.
I managed to spend alot of time at home, just bumming around with my brother and trying to revise abit after the much too long china holiday (which was about 16 days i think? I completely lost count to be honest.).

Managed to meet up with Tripod people on New Year's Day, and was barely able to talk to them much cos i was still croaking cos of my cold.

I managed to meet up with the Losers and May on of the last few days just before i flew. The losers, true to our name, just get more and more horrendous as the years go by.
We managed to:
1. Laugh for 4h without stopping
2. Create a card with a cardboard box
3. Prepare a surprise for a friend (me) in front of her
4. Do things that even a P6 kid would be embarrassed of- like taking ten thousand pictures with retarded poses outside the cinema entrance.
We would think that time would make us less more mellow and less embarrassing, but no, with them, i think our innermost dark side gets unleashed. I havent laughed for so much since .... I cant even remember.
I love people who can make me laugh, and because of the culture difference, i guess its really hard for the brits to make me laugh as much as people back home.
The gift which they made for me: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=1258838&id=633122838&op=1&view=album&subj=628210235&aid=54412&auser=633122838
(For some strange reason, my mac doesnt allow me to copy the picture. Can some computer guru/ non- idiot teach me please.)
Symbolic of all of us:
Pig Peish
Monkey Yuhning
Mushroom Prisc
Cool Face Liane (since when! im the cool one okay.)
Ball of lump Huien (more like bacteria to me)
Cat Dj


Last people which i met, literally on the day i flew, was Hing and jR. And omg jR is still full of crap. If you do know him, please go ask him what he has been up to if you dont know yet. Our kopi session of 4h was not enough for him to tell us about what he has been doing for the past months, nor was it enough for him to explain:
1. How to close a deal with a customer and convince people to buy air for 10k
2. How horoscopes and fengshui work
3. How high class KTVs are like
4. How it is more important to track Little Nonya's ending than the progress in the Gaza Strip
Plus i think this would be one of the rare few times in years to come which i would see Hing (and Huien too!). Considering we are on different hemispheres : (((((

Hing was randomly telling me that as we grow older, we become more lavish with gifts and all, which i totally agree.
I was just thinking of my New Year wishlist and i realised that none of them is actually affordable. But because i still want to announce it anyway, here goes:
1. SLR
2. Wii
3. Teeth Whitening package
I shall stop here before it gets anymore atrocious. But you get the idea. We do get greedier over the years. But then again, as you grow older, a kopi with a good old friend and a nice sweet card from someone you havent heard from for a long long time is just as precious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha hint hint... come back to PC!
-Joshz