Thursday, January 22, 2009

School and Such.

Im supposed to be in an embryology lecture now, but after being distracted for 2 hours in a pharm lecture, i have decided to break my beautiful clean record of full attendance for lectures. And half the time i dont know what goes on in embryology anyway, my current knowledge stands at the coin purse model. Im actually surprised that Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital's so widely acclaimed cos about 3/4 of the lecture hall is gone during embryo lectures. Well, unless the docs there didnt graduate here, or that we dont need to know embryology for paeds (this i would not know now).

Anyway, I just spent the alt 1.5h in pharmco lect convincing my HK coursemate how awesome Singapore is, and how he has to come visit during summer.
And so this was how it first went:
Him: No offence really, but what is there to see or do in Singapore.
Me: Well, you could come and ... we could go Malaysia.

-

Anyway, Im quite excited about the upcoming Norway trip during Intermodule week, though Im freaking out abit about skiiing. Im hoping that Erns and Dj wont force me up the slopes, and take my lack of finances as a valid excuse hehe. But really, I think the world is fair, cos i dont think i would be able to do trips such as this if I was back in Singapore. And i think im quite fortunate that my parents are very fine with me flying back every holiday. (Yes, im going back in Easter! But i would have to be mugging for my finals.)

-

Yesterday, I met up with Yush for dinner at Baozi Inn in Chinatown, and it was really awesome. Not only the food (the noodles was real spicy, not london spicy, but sichuan spicy hehe.), but also the company. On hindsight, I realised that Yush had conned me into insulting half my social circle. Very sneaky really :P
We did some shopping for ths steamboat dinner afterwards, which totally unleashed my inner aunty-ness. Now i really do understand why my mum goes about comparing prices and buying groceries from various shops, because Im mirroring her now :x But come on, you cant expect me not to bat an eyelid when fishballs are going for 2.20pounds per pack right!

And good news for Singaporeans (esp those stuck here for CNY):

1.00 GBP

=

2.06404 SGD



I shall make my skipping of lecture worthwhile, its time to read the previous lecture hehe.
Its time for some self- discipline.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha i am going to buy GBPs. should be quite a good investment.

ern