Saturday, January 31, 2009

A lot of randoms.

Technically, i should be using my awake and non- tired hours trying to complete all my readings, but once in a while maybe i should cut myself some slack. Something that I had been doing for quite some time actually.

I have been bad by stuffing my face full of good food and snacks and snuggling up in bed with a good book and chilling out with friends. Well, its only fair cos Im missing out on all the celebrations in Singapore :P
(PS. Jeffrey Deaver's Lincolm Ryhme series is not bad really! If you are into thrillers that is. And John Grisham has a new book- The Associate.)

Anyway, Im glad i brought some almond cookies and pineapple tarts back during xmas, and it really is comfort food during times like this. Coupled with Cai Shen Dao MVs ... perfect! Not good for diets, but that word is taboo during CNY no?

Secondly, Im glad I went for the SUKA CNY dinner last night with Rae and Cheryl, even though i was feeling rather reluctant to initially (my mind on the piling work load). I definitely enjoyed myself more yesterday than at the steamboat dinner I hosted at MIC. (I have decided that never would i willingly host sucha big dinner with so many randomers, makes it so hard to talk to anyone in depth, and its so exhausting to be cooking and trying to get everyone started. Sometimes, the host appreciates it when you dont actually wait for her to start? Go on eating first, im pretty sure she'll not only not mind it but will be grateful for that.)
There was Lo Hei (yayy! so much fun, though im not a fan of the dish itself.) and LOBSTER! Awesomeness (((: Although I was on a random UCL and LSE table, I quite enjoyed myself cos most people on the table were friendly and easy to talk to, and i suppose, me and the Grape do have this ability to self- entertain anywhere anytime.
There were my favourite CNY songs blasting througout the night, which i couldnt help but sing and jiggle to. Which was why Grape was saying that if there was ever a CNY club, i might just possibly go clubbing. Im starting to sound cooler by the minute eh?

Thirdly, I wonder if it is was a reward for me staying up late to complete my essay that I was blessed with a good dream last night. Though i cant quite remember it now (we forget 90% of what we have dreamt within 5mins), i remember it to be possibly one of the sweeetest dreams I have had in like say maybe the last 2 years at least? :) It was soo good that when I momentarily woke up, i wanted to write it down. But oh well, having relished in it once is sufficient. I shant be too greedy about it.

I might possibly be going down to Trafalgar Square tmr for the CNY carnival with Grape and Cheryl tmr, hoping that it would be good :) Im hoping that there would be loads of goodies, and happy CNY music to bob to and many a lion dance & fireworks to get hyper about.

HC Night (in about 3weeks) is going to be 2 days before Feb Test :x And im still contemplating very hard whether to go down for it. I really want to, but i dont know if it is a wise choice. Maybe, i should get off the net and work now.

And finally to top it all off,
it's my dad's bday today ((((:
Im wishing that i was home to eat the cake with him hehe. Maybe i should eat one now to symbolise that eh?

It just occurred to me that my entries are getting increasingly random and disorganised. I guess it pretty much resemble my state of mind ... and the state of my work and whatnots.
Oh welllll. Things will work out eventually, wont they? ;)
I hope so.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck hons..

Anonymous said...

The company's remaining 19 magazines also include one on food, Bon Appetit.. [url=http://www.elitwine.com]canada goose jacket[/url] Smooth out your hair as much as possible before starting any sort of braid. [url=http://www.sagoparap.org]canada goose chilliwack[/url] Fsnhzovew
[url=http://www.texsoco.com]canada goose parka[/url] Ybpywkfpl [url=http://www.christianlouboutinonlineoutlet.co.uk]christian louboutin outlet online[/url] dzafuylea