Sunday, November 09, 2008

Barcelona I

And ... I have just returned from one of the best holidays I had in my life (: 

Right after intermodule test (the anat spot which is screwed up), I left for Barcelona with Dj and met Ernie at Stansted. 
After Barcelona, we came back to London, did touristy stuff  and went sightseeing (which i havent done in London since the last ti I came for my med interviews 2 years back). Now, I think im in deep trouble 'cos i havent done any reading for the coming 2 weeks, which I know would be hell considering they are going to finish the entire book of head and neck in 14 days (incl weekends) :x 
Plus, I have a feeling that Miche really wont be too happy if i dont start contributing to dissection soon.

But meanwhile, I shall let pictures do the talking. Disclaimer though, Barcelona is so much more vibrant and beautiful than my camera can capture. Plus most of my pictures are on dj's cam 'cos she was reallyy trigger happy during the trip (: 

Cam- whoring on the airport transfer to stansted. 
My tickets from stansted to barcelona was 13quid for return! 

Buskers along La Rambla. I think they are nicer than those we find in Covent Garden (:
(But less friendly, since afterall most of us cheapos only want to take pictures but dont want to drop coins into their pots.)

Along the streets to finding our Bus- Turistic. A hop-on- hop- off bus which brought us to most of the major sights of the city. 
Yeaps, we were really touristy ;) 

Spanish cured meat sandwich, a snack which everyone has got to try if they are in Spain. 
Im not a fan of meat, but i have to admit it is quite good :) 

On the bus in front of the Sagrada Familia, designed by Antoni Gaudi. 
It is a Catholic church under construction from 1882 and continues till today, and is apparently fully funded privately and by the public. (He refuses to accept governmental funding.) 
Its a really majestic sight (http://www.gaudidesigner.com/data/article/16.jpg) and also the film site of Meteor Garden 2. Its almost surreal to be there. 

The spiral steps within the Cathedral inspired by seashells. Gaudi drew most of his inspirations from the Nature. 

I am ashamed to be her friend. 

A Jesus sculpture done in Cubism form. Not by Gaudi though. But i still love it. 

Barcelona city from one of the little windows. 

The exterior of the cathedral. 


-

Will continue posting up pictures of Park Guell (definitely my favourite place in Barcelona) and the various other sights we had gone to, soon. 
Meanwhile, i have to attempt to get some reading done instead of rubbish like this. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

simi is i'm ashamed to be her friend!!!!!!!!!!
haha i'm so late in commenting lar