Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year?

Its Chinese New Year celebration over the weekend and I have decided to give myself time off this weekend to just fully enjoy it. I know I have a whole host of activities lined up- steamboat dinner tomorrow, dinner at Min Jiang on Sunday followed by yet another steamboat dinner next sat. If not for the fact that Im so tired after I come back from barnet everyday and that I feel this nagging pressure to start revision for finals (although i really just collapse when I reach home at night anyway and get no work done), I think I will defo be having alot more dinners than this.

Celebrations involve me trying to do all my laundry (nothing beats nice soft bedsheets and towels), cleaning up all the dishes, preparing for tomorrow's steamboat dinner (marinating meat, steaming rice and making bubble tea + sending the boys to C-town to get stuff/ K to billingsgate for seafood), hoovering & mopping the whole house and restocking all the toiletries and necessities in the house. A clean household would definitely make me so much happier :D

I dont think I miss spending CNY in Singapore, but because it is a time of reunion, it reminds me doubly of the people I miss so much back at home. Unlike most people, I have totally gotten over missing the bak kwa, pineapple tarts and other chinese new year goodies or Singaporean food in general. An awesome plate of pasta can probably make me incredibly happy too. But, its the yearning for the company of certain special people back in that beautiful island country that I find it hard to deal with.

At least, I have a nice group of people whom I really do hold dear to my heart to spend it with me this year (:
So as Anne Frank said, I shall: Think of all the beautiful things around me and be happy!

大家新年快乐!

No comments: