Saturday, January 28, 2012

Celebrating CNY in my 2nd home :)

Alcohol has a negative effect on me and yet time and time again I choose to succumb to it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not addicted to it, neither do I get pissed drunk and in fact I do have an okay-ish tolerance for a girl. But for some strange reason I get 1. Insomnia if I drink too much and 2. Some sort of weird hangover the next day with dull feeling my head and a general lack of concentration for the full day. Yet, I can't quite resist it when my mates keep pouring for me. Peer pressure! Maybe, I know myself to be someone who yields readily.

Steamboat dinner round 3 with the medics was great, despite the twist of events towards the end as everyone got progressively emo when they got drunk. I don't blame them tho since many are still nursing difficult heartbreaks or unrequited love. But once in a while, I think it's good that we could let our guards down :) after all it's the new year, and with that amazing hot pot and countless bottles of beer, whiskey and wine, it's time to start it afresh and with gusto with the family we have here. Indeed, because of these amazing people, London has become a home away from home for me. Although I plan to head back cos I don't quite like working here, I think I'm really going to miss living here- the people most of all, the freedom and London's unique beauty.

No comments: