Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I am truly proud to be a Singaporean.


This is my fave version of Home so far!

I think coming to London to study has really made me really appreciate home and love it all Singapore- both her good and bad. Yes indeed, we do have our flaws and Singaporeans aint the most perfect people in the world, but i still do love my country and my people so very much. I know we are kiasu, but we are also efficient. I know we speak Singlish, but sometimes there just isnt another better word to substitute "damn sian". And yes, we dont have any Michelin starred restaurants, but we have the Tiong Bahru Market, Katong Laksa and even Food Repulic serves awesome food. We dont have Eason Chan or Madonna, but I think JJ Lin, Stef Sun and Kit Chan amongst others does a pretty fine job too.

Yes, we dont have much political freedom, cannot hold strikes/ protests unless we apply for a licences and cant even buy chewing gum. But at least, we still have a working government -a damn good one as well-, a reliable MRT & bus service (muahaha, no tube strikes and no lost income cos you cant get to work) and I never have to feel pull a chair to sit on and feel a sticky disgusting piece of thing under it.

I am patriotic, I dont deny it. I know its not very cool, esp so amongst people of my generation.
I know Singapore aint perfect, but I love her all the same. Thats what love is about right? Appreciating whats good about someone and accepting the flaws as well.

No comments: