Sunday, February 13, 2011

Agatha Christie's Mousetrap!

Mousetrap's well worth watching!

I have never really liked watching plays in the past, because I used to find it so hard to catch what the actors are saying and 'cos I have a very short concentration span. Unlike musicals, you cant just zone out for a bit and come back again. Once you have fallen into the Whats-Going-On blackhole, you are pretty much stuck there forever. Plus, I always found them alot less entertaining than musicals (less prancing about and repeating the same sentence many times till i finally could sing it too).
But I had decided to go for Mousetrap partly because of all the good reviews it has gotten (but I have to admit I was still slightly skeptical then) and mainly 'cos I wanted to meet up with a mate of mine from Oxford who had come down to London for the show.

But Mousetrap was real good, I never got bored at any point of time and possibly because Im a terrible detective, it got me guessing till the end. Having watching 2 really good plays in London thus far (Woman in Black and Mousetrap), I am now ready to embrace the theatre more!

On a side note, doing my GP rotation now (despite not seeing very many white patients because the location Im in tend to see more immigrants), made me realise that the uptightness, properness and politeness we see of the Brits in films/plays are so very true (esp so in the older population)!

Ciao, off to wingchun practise now! Unfortunately it doesnt look anything sunny enough to take a walk in Hampstead Heath.

No comments: