Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pathology Week

Im going to give myself a break today (what's new). But Pathology week has been a tad too much for me, I mean Im totally not built for lectures from 9am-5pm, plus I dont see how we are supposed to be absorbing so much in 1 week, and having to immediately apply all these knowledge at the start of next week. On top of getting ahead with revising stuff, I think I need to get more intelligent.

I dont see how I would be able to juggle stuffing knowledge into my already full brain, waking up for ward rounds at ungodly hours (7.30am properly dressed and looking fresh?!) and having fun at the same time. Oh, and of course, staying healthy. Its easy to degenerate into eating crap instant food (I have had sandwiches for all 3 meals for 1 week now) and not exercising (Im proud to say I have finally signed up with the gym!). But i think if I could graduate from MedSch and say that Ive had a blast of student life, then I think Im capable of doing anything. Though I do suspect that Im going to be saying "I could get through foundation/ reg/ consultant years and say that Ive had a blast" for the rest of my life. But of course, providing that I do graduate in the first place.
All these busy-ness while trying to keep in touch with friends and family back home. Phew. But Im thankful that 3rd year has been kind to me, Ive been loving it and being the new kid on the block aint that bad 'cos the people around have been real nice, accommodating and friendly. 4 weeks into term and Ive only had 1 bad day. I hope such good fortune will continue :D

People are starting to move into Schafer this week, considering school for all the others are starting next week. No one has moved into my flat yet, but I suppose its a matter of time. But people that I have met around have been really nice and friendly. Plus I met another Singaporean HC dude (and incidentally CheeGake's friend) who is staying in my block on the floor abv me. I do hope that I would be able to meet more Singaporeans around. Afterall, Im starting to feel this irrational fear that one day I wont be able to converse with anyone who's life doesnt revolve around medicine.

Kep's flying in tmr, exciting stuff. And Rae on Sat. Finally, London's coming alive!

No comments: