Saturday, September 12, 2009

2 weeks into Clinics!

I was meant to be practising OSCE with Carz this evening, but everything totally went awry the moment I started having a craving for ice cream. Starting with a trip to Sain's for ice cream and cheese cake, and then it morphed into a long 5hour chat. But its nice having a chat about my friends back home, and all the stuff I used to do. It made me really nostalgic (as usual) about life back in singapore, of rgs and hc. Those were good times really.

2 weeks of Clinics has passed. Actually not clinics proper, more like learning how to examine body parts and roaming the wards/ accosting the patients. I really think the school should get us unhealthy patients to practise on. I just get so accustomed with declaring my actor healthy during the practise sessions that I dont know what abnormal is on the wards.
I totally did myself in when I declared a patient who had heart murmur as healthy during one of my clerking sessions. But i suppose, as medical students, we are meant to make mistakes and not know anything.
I love the way things are now, I mean its no more long hours of lectures. Yes teaching does start ridiculously early (7.30am for ward rounds, horror!), but everyday's so different and fresh and exciting. At least at this point, things are. And thankfully, Im blessed enough to be meeting people who would stop and teach me.

Thorpe Park last weekend was good stuff :D I really should make plans to check out Alton Towers, heard that the rides there are def more awesome.
Having plans now to check out Cafe Rouge again this thurs after OSCEs with Carz. Im totally having a craving for duck now.

No comments: