Friday, April 24, 2009

Transiting in Dubai.

Im sitting in Dubai's Emirates Business Lounge (but no, im not lucky enough to take the comfy class, im just here cos Ive flown enough for them to decide that i deserve slightly better treatment), and peering at the food counter not too far from me and wondering its free food like what the newsletter they sent me said. Im already drooooling at the fresh fruits the chap opposite me is having.

But im too humji to ask the waiter if it so, so im just sitting here enjoying the free net and slightly more comfy chairs. Its nothing fantastic really, but its just that after walking more then 100gates from my departure gate, Im determined to at least sit here for abit longer.
While im impressed that Dubai's airport is huge (Im in terminal 3 and there are like 260 gates, most of them in use. It takes about 5mins for the shuttle bus to fetch me from the plane to the airport itself, cos its too crowded for all planes to land nxt to the airport and have those connectors that link you straight to the airport.), I dont like cos it freaks me out when i have to rush for connecting flights and the gate is super far away, with constant announcements that my flight is closing and please proceed to gate XXX for immediate boarding.
But of course, i like the fact that it is new and quite clean, and nothing as chaotic as Heathrow. So im not complaining much, cos it would definitely be a chore to be transferring there.

Im completely shattered now that easter's over and im so behind for revision. I think it is like on a constant repeat on all my entries now. (And will be so as long as its an entry before the exam itself, after which it would possibly be- jialat, crap, damn, pangsaiiii.) I realised that one bad thing abt going home is that you spend a large amt of time packing to get home and then trying to adapt back to being home and then there is that pre- departure flurry too after that with all the last min packing and getting random stuff that we'll miss (pocky!) and what not, and then of course the very long plane ride that literally takes more than half the day (esp for me with a long transfer).

Now what im dreading most is dragging the darn luggages back to my room. The thought of having to lug it up the stairs at the tube stn and up to my 2nd storey room is already making me want to throw up. Really, for an advanced place, im appalled that London tubes dont have lifts in all stations.

Oh and its back to, laundry and dishes days :(
Sobs.

No comments: