Thursday, July 17, 2008

Red Cliff.

Subconsciously I think I placed the pictures of the male stars in order of how much I like them.
It's embarrassing really.


He was so charming that he gave me goosebumps. God really has created a masterpiece in this case.
His acting was awesome, and I totally loved his portrayal of Zhuge Liang.
As expected, he was charming and his acting unrivalled. Though it surprised me that I walked out of the cinema loving Zhuge Liang more.
But, Im still a bigger fan of Tony Leung, and Im looking forward to Part II which I believe would have more of him.
Hu Jun was stunning. I love that air of dignity and confidence he displayed this time. More refined and beautifully played than his role in 天龙八部.


I have to give it all to John Woo for making such a beautiful movie.
Its been quite some time since such a wonderful chinese blockbuster was produced.
LOADS better that 卧虎藏龙 in my opinion, though I would have loved Ziyi Zhang (as much as i dont like her) over Chilin Lin.

4 comments:

Avatar said...

Hi,

Interesting review. Was Kaneshiro that convincing as Zhuge Liang? He seemed to young to potray him.

I was hoping Tony Leung would be potray Zhuge Liang.

You can guess who my avatar is :)
http://wonderwealthwisdom.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

HI PEISH!
thanks for your previous blog entry wahahaha
im v happy berita harian is doing more than 1 article on us, though I tried reading & couldnt understand.
Eh I know 2 teachers in RG but they dont like me. rmb Ms Ning? Want to contact her?
& I like hu jun!! his character in tian long ba bu is my idol!!!

ron said...

Im not sure who your avatar is. Zhuge Liang? I cant tell, cos i dont play Dynasty Warriors or games of those sorts and Im not very familiar with the characters as well.
------------------------

Babe, and I prefer Duan Yu to Qiao Feng. And Xu Zhu more than him too. Qiao Feng roars too much.
I prefer characters who are calmer and .. smarter.

rae hui said...

wwwhaaat. medic, u liked red cliff!?!? i thought it was so draggy and incredibly anticlimatic.. and the fighting really got boring after a while..