Sunday, July 20, 2008

I count my blessings.

Because I dont have that many pictures to brighten up my post, I shall try to keep it short. But I still want to yak cos I havent been so glad for such a long time.

Since everyone is finally back home for summer/ back from hols in exotic places, I finally managed to meet up with people whom Ive wanted to see since forever.

Friday
Met up with Mon, and it hasnt changed one bit. We sat in Crystal Jade complaining about inflation, ERPs, the escape of Mas Salamat and Stef (of course). Which was really un-politically correct, whining about government policies and the government scholar.
We watched Batman- The Dark Knight, but I preferred Red Cliff. CG effects and acting was superb, but it was a rather typical A-Class Hollywood film. I guess it has to do with expectations- I expected Dark Knight to be kickass good, but it was only very good. I thought Red Cliff would be un-understandably arty farty, but it was artistic, beautiful and exciting. So my votes goes to the latter. Hopefully, this will be the start of good chinese blockbusters.

Saturday
Went for SNF, a forum on social entrepreneurship (http://www.ukssc.org/snf2008.html). It was thought provoking. I was impressed, and enjoyed myself (and the freebies) loads. Really, I think maybe there should be more avenues for us randomers who want to do something to get funds for our ideas. But, I shall keep my comments to myself, lest I end up like WeeShuMin.

Met up with SnR and the RGSRCY people in the evening.
And it was lovely. Everyone's still as wacky and its still just as fun, though we have gone on to do very different things. But seems like everyone is doing rather well (:
I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that this will continue. I cant waaitt to come home, so please (esp the local medics), DONT FORGET ME!


I only wished I brought my cam out yesterday.

No comments: