Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bangkok!

I just came back from thailand where I went to Bangkok for 1 day and Khon Kaen for about 4days to do a recce trip for this CIP trip which I would be doing there.
Anyway, since blogger takes forever to load photos, here's some of the photos which I took in Bangkok, where I spent 1 whole day visiting about 10 temples, with Rung as my local guide.

My 2 thai friends showing that they really love Bangkok. And they also really love their king. Sometimes I wonder if it is possible for Singaporeans to love any of our leaders like that. Maybe I would, if Ben Sheares is still alive. Ong Teng Chiong's pretty charming too. Stef and myself in front of a touristy sign.
Bells symbolize luck according to my thai friends.
Pasting gold on the Buddha.
In the tuk-tuk. After having a go on it, now i do understand why thailand has so many road kills.
At one of the most famous temples in Bangkok, Royal Palace (or smthing along those lines).
Little Giants. They are everywhere. And they guard the temples, according to the thais.

The swing.

The fast boat, the travels along the river. Costs about 16 BHT for a trip. The slow one, which travels across the river, costs only 4BHT.

One of my favourite temples, and those steps are as steep as the length of my shin.

The Reclining Buddha. So majestic it really took my breath away.

Western Influence?
Monk feeding pigeon. In thailand, the monks are really revered. And when a female (accidentally or not) touches a monk, he cant be a monk anymore. So on the streets, when we see a monk, we try to step aside to let him pass.
Tuk-tuk. They should call it 吐吐. Really can puke after the ride and puke blood too.
Cha- Yan. Also known as thai iced- tea. Potentially diabetes causing but my favourite drink there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xanax generic alprazolam recall - will feel 1mg xanax