Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rockin' Good Day (:

I think I had a wonderful day, despite the fact that I had thought it would suck.
Considering that I thought that my SSC Essay on was due today and that I had a GP visit in ZONE 4 today (which meant waking up early plus forking out an expensive tube fare).
Plus I hardly had any sleep the last few nights, and was kinda getting through my day by gulping down loads of coffee (which has an annoying side effect of making my heart palpitate like mad).

The GP visit this morning was surprisingly fantastic. The doctor that brought us around was really charming (makes me glad Im a medic). He graduated from Cambridge, and definitely has the look of it. The visit was made even nicer cos I had a blast of a time working with my partner this time (: Which is smthing rather rare, cos somehow I dont think Im getting along too well socially with the general Brit/ EU population. (He's a Brit Indian. And somehow the indians here look way better. Beats me why too.)
While we were waiting to sit in with the nurse, we started talking about all sorts of stuff from ponning school to go thorpe park to extreme sports and holiday plans. And maybe because I have a lot more time for myself while I'm here, I tend to slow down and appreciate little things more. It really makes my day when I walk to school in the morning and the weather is lovely or when I'm able to have these little chats with people whom I otherwise wouldnt have the chance to speak to.
And very unfortunately, Im bound by confidentiality clauses not to speak of my patient. But she was a really lovely and friendly lady who was very forthcoming and candid during our interview with her (:

After the session, I rushed back to continue working on my Asperger Syndrome Essay and had to leave soon after that for SSC, meaning that I DID NOT SEND BABE OFF :( Which made me feel like a rather bad host.

After which, I found out during SSC that my essay was not due till monday, which made me feel cheated 'cos Jamie was telling me on wed noon that it was due today, making me rush through it (and not be able to spend my last day with babe properly). But at least its 90% done.

When I came back, i was greeted with a nice tidy room (thanks house elf!), no milo smell (cos babe was gone :( ) and a lovely sweet note and a ROCKIN' MUSCULAR SYSTEM OF THE BODY POSTER that i had wanted for so long! (Ok, i guess you probably wont be able to appreciate it unless you are a medic.)
AND, to top that off, i received a mail from thailand from Yush telling me how well she has been!

Rocking gooood day, and Im a bit groggy now, cos Kelv managed to disrupt me from my sleep. But no complaints, cos he bought me paper and fresh orange juice ((((:

Oh, and my hall had ocean pie (i miss seafood!) and mashed peas and delicious rice and cream of cauliflower soup and this rocking good lemon cheesecake pie (which i had more than 1). I think its abit too much for a single meal. But oh well, Im happy now at least.

Another essay due tmr, it's 60% done and Im looking forward to the coming of tmr 'cos it would mean the end of all these work and perpetual tiredness. AND THE COMING OF STEF, HC night reunion and most importantly,
home.

And things just cant look better (:

OHOHOH, and Chernwei just told me that Eleco camp is on 4th April, meaning that I WOULD BE ABLE TO GO FOR IT!

Please just let this good spell continue. I'm lovin' it totally.




PS. MEIX: I miss Potong Pasir food too. If you want to come and study with me, I can buy you food for free ;) And going to the gym doesnt gimme hot bod, cos i eat correspondingly more. Not good at all.

No comments: