Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our Island lah!

Daryl, singer and star of the night.
Lionel, as Sang Nila Utama.

Mark, as the great Raffles.

Lionel, assuming his 2nd role, as a Japanese soldier, Yamato, in love with a local.

Daryl, singing Merdeka (freedom for Singapore) in one of my favourite scenes.
Mark and Lionel, again, with their 3rd roles as chairmen of Raffles Holdings and Yamato Industries.
Xue Kun as the Towkay.
YahTing as the Samsui Woman.



Yes, unfortunately most Singaporeans are really terrified of the police.



With preuk, my thai hallmate, and Daryl, The Star of the Night. He blew me off totally.
With Lionel. And some very unglamourous and silly peeps at the back.
With lovely Mark, still in his Raffles costume. He prbly cant get enough of it.
With Sophia, my yearmate. She was photographer for the night.


IC Singsoc's Major Production (Our Island Lah!) was totally amazing. For one I didnt know Daryl could sing THAT well. The pieces composed were amazing. And it was really fun watching Lionel and Mark. Plus being the Singaporean I am, I truly enjoyed all the spoofs of the antics of Singaporeans (and some of our gvt). Sometimes I wish I was part of smthing like this, but part of me know that I prbly have had enough of Council-ish stuff like this, and considering that I am already struggling now, it would be wiser to concentrate on work. I guess, the only thing Im missing from being part of smthing so grand as this, is the friends that I would be able to make.


I think its really late at night now, and Im supposed to be working on my essay. But Ive decided to take a break since Im not progressing anywhere anyway. Really doesnt help that i have another (harder) essay to start on.

Babe has been bunking with me these few days because she lost her passport on her way to Northern Ireland. And embarrasingly, she has now morphed into my house elf cos she prbly cant stand the mess in my room anymore. She's currently now curled up in my bed sound asleep, and Im wishing I could do so too. (A thought i have been contemplating since Im not very productive now anyway.)

I think I might have Tropophobia. It really beats me why I keep living in the past.

No comments: