Monday, July 16, 2007

Tripod: PIF!

FRIDAY 13TH Morning: XXZ (XiaoXiaoZhu) Gathering @ Peish's Place

XXZ Gathering this time had 1 more person that the previous, so turnout is getting increasingly better. Belicia, Rennie and Michelle came over. Rennie hasnt changed a bit, cept for the fact that she has longer hair and no longer resemble a mushroom >_<>



FRIDAY 13TH Evening: Tripod Camp Starts

Cabbed to RGS where Tripod was held with Mich and Rennie who very very kindly agreed to help me carry things. And she had Crockie in her arms throughout the entire journey and while hailing the cab (which was really quite an embarrassment). We reached late, cos I was still doing last min packing just before we left my place. Things went pretty well, and the facils looked very well-briefed. And i was actually secretly very glad that WeiChieh turned up (cos i was terrified of mr chan at precamp, and i was paranoid that i will continue being like that throughout the whole of camp .. though i have come to really respect mr chan and enjoy the conversations i had with him), and even more glad when Cindy joined my group.

After dinner, I received the news that Mathematically-inclined Mr Chan from RJ and his wife wont be joining us for the facil session, plus Ms Tan wont be around for part of it, leaving group 2 without facils for some time. So Josie and I generously volunteered our services (: I was a nervous wreck initially, and thank god that I had sat down with Cindy initially to think about what I can do with the kids. The facil session on school stereotypes went pretty well, and I did some of the activities i learnt during facil training session such as Traffic Jam, Have you Ever and the Land Mine/GRPR game with them. I personally felt it went rather well, and I'm glad my very 1st facil session went relatively smoothly. Josie and I were actually feeling quite proud of ourselves after that (: And I do sincerely hope that they feel the same ;)

It was Night Activities after the 1st discussion session and I joined back my original group 6/ N-2. They rose up to the occasion and emerged champions (: Woohoo! Well done guys! And it was also during night activities that Beatrice brought out Crockie (whom i have hid in the gallery), and then it got passed around greasy palms and laid on sweaty backs (with WeiChieh being the main culprit). I heard someone commenting that Crockie was turning gay .. though i wouldnt be surprised since I have heard this common saying that most cute males are gay. And Crockie is a cute male (:



Saturday 14th July: Camp Day 2

My group visited MINDS, and it was a great visit, in fact one of the best VWO visits that I have ever gone for. It was one that struck me a lot cos it really opened my eyes to many things- both to the people there and also my group members. I really loved playing with my MINDS buddies- Wei Seng and Wei .. erms i kinda forgot his name cos it sounded so much like the former. But I really loved the way they looked out for each other, and so genuinely cared for each other. I really agree with Cindy when she talked about Joy in Service, because it seeing the smiles on their faces really put one on mine as well. It's like Joy Multiplication (: And it was also heartening to see my group members trying their best to make the day the best they can for the kids at MINDS. The VWO visit was undoubtedly the highlight of the day.

Amazing Race in Orchard Rd after that wasnt as fantastic for the group, since most of them were getting really tired already. I was personally very surprised that i wasnt shagged by then, obviously all the late-night worksessions in hc has trained me well.

Battle of the Sea Snakes Finale game was very fun and I think most people enjoyed it. I enjoyed it alot personally, cos it was the only time i could do my councillor thing and get people to cheer and make me happy by screaming to the school that I am Hot. HAHA. Gosh, I so totally forgot that I was supposedly on a "Teach Peishan to be Modest" day. But then again, i dont have to follow it since WC (sounds like a toilet ehs) didnt follow "Treat Peishan like a Princess day".. how annoying.
The night was spent playing with balloons, and I still cant do balloon art. Then again, it might just be better that way cos I can bug others to do it for me. (:

Had sentry with Beatrice, my lovely sister, after that. Ended up talking rubbish, that is way too embarrassing for me to publish it here. But she is definitely one of the reasons why committing so much time in Tripod was worthwhile, cos it takes eons to find a friend whom you can get along with so well, but we just clicked so well, despite the fact that we knew each other since sec1 but never talked as much as this period of time which we worked tgt.



Sunday 15th July: Day 3/ Last Day

The most memorable thing on this day was the affirmation by Jelvin, cos it just made me feel like all the efforts I have been putting in was worthwhile. Well, call me ego (I know I am), but i love encouragement and praises anytime ;) HAH.

If there was one thing that I could change about the camp, it would be to get to know the facils better.. and to keep in contact with them after that. As beatrice was saying, as much as we think that these people that we are meeting are fantastic, how many can we actually really keep in touch with?



Monday 16th July

Had to drag myself out of bed to go down to Raffles Hospital for a check up for entry into UK. And the wait for absolutely disgusting. But i guess its cos it's relatively cheaper that GPs. And i was so excited at the low cost that i forgot all about bringing my x-ray along with me after that. How scatterbrained can someone get?

Met up with WC in RafflesPlace (?!? my 1st time there i hope i got the place right), and i finally saw for myself gloria jeans, the place where stef-dog used to work at. He showed me some of the photos that he took during camp, and others which he had taken on his trips. And quite a few of them were really breathtakingly beautiful. It's really fascinating to hear him talk about his various road trips and life stories, and I see him having done all the things that I would have hoped to complete in my lifetime (maybe he is just short of getting a boating and sailing license). Well, hopefully I will eventually be able to do it someday, somehow.

Went tuition after that, cos i realised that after weeks of procrastination, its really time for me to work. Plus Tripod is getting less busy, and its just not right to be bumming ard too much.

Reached home and had a late dinner (my meal times are really getting screwed), went online and had a lovely surprise when Huien msged me to ask if I was free. She called me from Aust after that (afterall she owes me a call!) and we had a lovely chat, updating each other about our lives. She is going to be one blessed woman ;) Unfortunately, my mum wasnt in the best of moods (cos my bro just had to get into a row with her over mugging for chinese) and demanded that I had to go to bed, which I decided that i shld follow, or risk getting "chastened". But its ok, since its her hols and she promised to call again. Love ya honeybuns~! But of course, i laid in bed for sometime, couldnt fall asleep, and got up to blog :( My body clock really IS getting out of hand.

Will post up pics of Tripod when i get them from WC and Mich (:

No comments: