Monday, June 28, 2010

End of my World Cup Madness. Hopefully.

England's dismal performance against Germany has definitely motivated me away from watching every single match of world cup. Which is good, since its now officially less than 1mth from exams.

I guess it comes with living here in London, 'cos I have never been so passionate about any football team. Well, I did use to watch world cup and claim that I support Netherlands but never had I got so agitated with an unfair call or bad pass, and never had I known a team so well as this year's England's team. Football had never run my life (now my social appointments are organised around matches) and had never affected my 喜怒哀乐, but its a whole new ball game now (pun intended).
I suppose I never saw the need to be a fan of any team in the past, cos I was so preoccupied with my own school's sports teams. I remember going for almost all of RG's bball, swimming and track matches, and even more for HwaChong's matches and competitions especially since being in Council was an excuse to skip classes to go for them.

This year's world cup has been an interesting (albeit extremely disappointing for me) one.
With the news that Netherlands just won, i suppose it will still be exciting with Argentina, Netherlands and Germany still in the run.

No comments: