Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend trips :D


Heading down to Bury St Edmund's Christmas Market in 2 weeks time with the councillors, my flatmates and some of the medics! If you are up for it as well, please please please join us :D Though you would have to book your train tickets from nationalrail on your own. Afterall, parties are always merrier when there's more to make noise and do silly stuff!

Hopefully it would be good, considering online reviews have been making it sound so awesome. They have a trail of markets, selling stuff from christmas food (ooooh yeeeharrr!) to little trinkets. And im crossing my fingers and hoping that it wouldnt be insanely cold up there (though this place is only slightly up north of London, 45mins away from Cambridge) cos my cold tolerance is really very pathetic. But, Im still pretty much very very excited about this as of now!

-

Visited the London BBC Good Food Show 09 at the Olympia yesterday and I really enjoyed myself tremendously. I was seriously stuffed from going around tasting all the awesome cheese and wine/ alcohol and cakes and udon and kickass sausages and loads of random stuff. Managed to nab a couple of real great deals like 90p Calpis concentrate (I know its weird getting Jap stuff here in London), Rachel's organic yoghurt (the yoghurt rice is unbelievably smooth and awesome), sausages of course, jam for friends and aiyah, Im too lazy to type everything down. The sample size dishes which they sold there was disappointing though. The venison burger from Launceston Place was a little on the dry side, Kungbao chicken from Min Jiang good but not fantastic, and the Lemon sole with white wine sauce created by one of the Masterchef Winner was a little too salty (though I suppose it would have been better if it was the creator himself cooking it).
BUT BUT BUT ... I MET MICHEL ROUX JR in person. I was literally like 5m away from him. Totally made my entrance fee worth it :D :D :D

-

Today's the day whereby I told myself that its not too late to start afresh, and pick myself out of the ditch I have dug myself into. I heard that subtle relief from my mum when I announced that to her today.
10 weeks of play (excl summer) is enough. Its time to show people what Singaporeans are truly like :D

No comments: