Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pied a Terre

Firstly, apologies that the photos are coming up in a weird order.
And also, cos I was too excited that i didnt quite manage to get proper photos of all the food there :D

A very bad photo of the main dish, which was fowl on mash + carrots & parsnips on top.
The fowl was very very well done, loved the texture of it and like the crispiness the skin on top. And the mash was smooth, and carrots really sweet, having taken in the sauce on the chicken. Not a big fan of parsnips though.
Came complete with the tempura like cabbage, which I really really loved.

The other main dish- which was the fish. It was pretty good too.
As before, I loved the crispy veg that went with the fish.

Pre- dessert.
Had chilli in it, very interesting tasting.

My starter.
Duck hearts, sausage and foie gras. I really loved it :D

Pre- starter.
Loved the little pastry thing on the left. Forgot what it was though.
Had a pretty awesome day today.

-

Slept in late, cos there was nothing but ward duties today. Didnt manage to find anyone to sign off my forms for me :( Hopefully tmr I would be able to grab hold of someone if not I would be seriously screwed.

And of course the highlight of the day was a 5 course lunch at Pied A Terre, a 2 Michelin Star Restaurant at Charlotte Street. (For about 33pds incl of additional charges.)
It was lovely that we managed to get hold of the private room, which was pretty comfy and gorgeous. Lighting was nice and romantic, which got me pretty sleepy.
However, I wasnt all that pleased with the service. Its not that the waiter serving us was rude or anything but I had feeling that it was done in a pretty slip- shod manner. Maybe cos I used to work in Banquet, but i hate it when waiters clang utensils on the plates too loudly. Although, I have to admit that we were behaving in the most unglamorous manner ever.

The food was good, I have to admit. But below my expectations of a 2 Michelin star restaurant meal. I definitely have had better food elsewhere without Michelin stars, but it might also be because we have had a meal that was on discount. It might possibly have been better if we ordered other stuff from the proper menu itself.

All in all, i still did enjoy myself tremendously there. There was good food, nice ambience, pretty good service and lovely people around. A very awesome lunch! :D

Headed down to New Bond Street for the Mulberry sample sale, but was rather disappointed by it. Didnt like most of the stuff too much anyway, so didnt get anything. I think Carmen and I were possibly the only people who left without getting anything. Ah wells.

Surgery's ending in 2 days time, and I still need to get a bloody CEX done urghs. This sucks!

No comments: