Saturday, December 08, 2007

Shopping Saturday

It seems like Im not someone who is able to balance much of a social life and academic work. Its like one or the other.
When im trying to get some work done, i would be holed up in my room, completely uncontactable (phone's off and not online) and just alternating between eat, sleep, mug. And now that im on a work hiatus, ive been like hanging out with people more ever since I came back from the birmingham trip.

Went out shopping with kelv, my adopted london Mummy, who is so annoying and yet so much fun to be with. I dont know if im sadistic, masochistic or just plain insane, but i have no idea why im hanging out with this poophead. So we spent the whole afternoon just strolling oxford street and getting his stuff for his friends back in sunny singapore. And one of them was for zhenni, and its amazing how small singapore is cos everyone knows everyone. Somehow one way or another- in school, church, cca or random tuition classes. Amazing ... amazingly scary.
Like I could walk down the streets and someone could go behind me and say, thats the girl who eats more than a normal guy. Oh btw, she's a klutz too. -_-"
And yes, we got a couple of cool tees for his friends, and im thinking of getting them too. But still contemplating and waiting for the boxing day sale. (I cant wait for it! Im wishing it could come like now now now!)
And of course, each shopping trip isnt complete (for me at least) if i dont get any good food, so i got distracted by Selfridge's Foodhall and got portugese egg tarts that were super fantastic and a carrot cake that was good but ive tasted better (:
And before heading to oxford street, we actually stopped by covent gdn and had coffee at this amazing place. Good stuff espresso for only 1pound. I foresee myself going back there again and again. Only wished it could expand (though we were wondering if it would affect the business in this manner) and it would have been fantastic.

I actually bothered to go back to hall for dinner. Food is getting worse (maybe cos i have been eating more of it to realise it), but i enjoy hanging out with the people here more. Played murderers with hallmates for about 2.5hours after that and it reminded me so much of 406 times. Missing the class and all the friends so much.
Its pretty hard to make loads of friends in uni? Or maybe its just cos its antisocial me.


I want to go Japan and Korea for summer.

No comments: