Saturday, November 26, 2011

Post First week in Singapore

Its been a great first week in Singapore this time round- really busy, really fulfilling and really, time just passes too quickly! I have had about 2 days in at SGH A&E and Im starting to notice my (horrifying) lack of knowledge and extreme unpreparedness for finals.

But yet at the same time, I have refound my love for medicine and how it is actually possible to remain true to your heart and goal (how cheesy sounding i know) even when everyone else around you is ridiculously jaded. I think Im just so fortunate to be shadowing a MO who is so brainy, good- tempered, kind to everyone and who genuinely cares for the patients. I would be happy if could achieve half of what he is doing after I graduate.

Medicine aside, cos of my crazy A&E schedules, it means that my social life is taking a toll. No more dinners and no more outings since Im in hospital, Friday night and all weekends!
And there are just tonnes of things which I would like to do and people I would like to meet.

For people who say that Singapore is boring, I dont see how so! Scanning through the sistic and expo website, there is already some stuff which I would like to do:
1. Wicked the musical!- Yes I have watched it once in London but would like to watch it here again (cos its so good its probably worth it) and to hear the aussie cast sing (:
2. Song Dynasty Living Art- Ive an obsession with chinese art. Im not sure if its cos I used to do chinese calligraphy (something I would really want to do again if I have the time) and chinese painting, or cos of all the period dramas I have been watching or maybe just cos Im yellow and yellow art naturally appeals to me.
3. Chronicles of Narnia Exhibition- To embrace the kid in me! (: And I think this would prbably be a pretty short exhibition given the ticket price of $5 and its location in the middle of nowhere in MBS. In fact, heading to the ArtScience museum for the titanic exhibition after would be a good idea too!

And finally the things which I always would like to do as much as possible when Im in Singapore but rarely have the chance to do so:
1. Wakeboard!
2. Cycle at ECP (and stopping by for food en route)
3. Swim
4. Eat good food
5. Movies (Just cos its so ex in London)

No comments: