Saturday, October 10, 2009

Skiving off On- Call.

Considering that I havent been doing any reading for the whole week and that I just managed to skive off from my on-call duties which I swopped with Morrison, I should be getting some work done now instead of waiting for House to load. (Yes, the new season is finally out! So is Heroes. I dont even want to check if Chuck's out, even though I dont think I would eventually be able to resist it anyway.)

The whole week has been so hectic, coming in early and all. We aint going back tt late, but still having to be rushing about and taking in all the info just completely drains me. I havent called home much, and my mum called to ask if I had died or smthing. I have now FB-ed my brother to tell him to periodically assure my mum that Im alive and well, not that I think he actually checks it with A's coming up and all. Hopefully, he would actually be working on it to some extent.

My flat has been like totally the most amazing thing that happened to me ever. Going back now is to some extent like going home. With people to chat with and stuff. Its really a nice feeling. I have half made my immediate neighbour (the one who looks like asian harry potter) my slave. Which is cool :D

I met up with Egg, Dada and his twin sister last night for dinner and some drinks. We had Fish and Chips and I have to admit that 3 years down, I still dont get British grub. As much as i love fish, I still cant bring myself to say that I loved dinner last night. It was good for fish and chips, but I really would rather have it done say, the Italian way. Headed down to Potions after that, and it was claustophobic, though i did get pretty used to it after a while. And i am starting to like my cocktails, though for the sake of my liver, I do try to keep it down to the bare (social) minimum.

Colorectal firm's over. Which is quite a pity, cos I really really loved it so much. The consultants and regs are absolutely amazing, all of them excellent surgeons and interesting personalities in their own unique way.
Its going to be Upper GI and Bariatrics next, heard it loads more relaxing, which is cool 'cos I think Im going to need a slowing down to not burn out. I applaud the singaporeans back home who can just go on and on like energizer bunnies. Sometimes I wonder if I would be able to handle all of these when I do eventually go home. Hopefully, I wont be like the crappiest doctor around.

Its a lovely day outside today, and thats a good sign always!

No comments: