Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Its almost time to return :(

Today marks the end of my wakeboarding lessons, and the start of preparing myself for school. Its mixed feelings really. 2 years on, and I still get damn teary everytime Im at the airport. Im gonna miss my brother, my family, my friends (esp the sad ones, you guys know who you are) and being a brat (Sorry, Im superficial- Having a big room is great.). And of course, the sun. I know Im such an angmoh for saying this, but I love the heat in Singapore. I dont mind the sweat, and the potential headaches that it brings Cos i think it beats depressing winter (which is cold and dark. Short days suck.).

This summer has been great, way too awesome actually. And for once, I have led a life which involves waking up with nothing to do, no plans and no worries. Its a great change really, something I wish could go on for abit more. But I suppose we only really appreciate boredom when we know that we are going to be busy soon. Its probably painful if we know it would be indefinite.
Whilst I know people like Stef give me The Look when I dont know how to answer them when I say I dont know what I have been up to the whole summer, Im still glad I spent it the way I did. I like being at home when my brother's around, even though we dont talk that much (blame prelims). Im glad I got to see Hing and Jr loads when the drunkard from down there was back. Im glad I met the Losers at least once every week. Im glad I got to see the councillors, catch up with people like Mon, attend a class outing, see Ah Gake and Cher, visit HC, chill with the Tripod peeps and the list continues.

I havent climbed a mountain, volunteer at Zimbabwe, done a meaningful attachment somewhere here or somewhere exotic, or even travel anywhere (yes, I didnt even go Msia). But still, I think Im giving myself a pat on the back for enjoying boredom like this so thoroughly.
My only gripe being the freaking 3kg I gained. URGH.

No comments: