Friday, May 01, 2009

A whole new light.

I know Im supposed to be working, but this thing caught my eye as I was clearing emails:

Dr Geraldine Atkinson who graduated from UCL Med School died of a cyst forming in her brain. Her family is now raising money for Kith and Kids, a charity she supported and selling her old books.

It just reminds me of how fragile life is.
I can just imagine how devastating it must be for her family. Maybe its cos Im doing what Im doing and seeing everyday how many ways in which life could be taken; or in wake of my granddad's death, the first death of a person i knew personally, Ive come to be terribly afraid of death.

I totally understand when my epidemiology lecturer said that teenagers think that they are immortal, 'cos i used to be as such. But i see myself growing old (sadly) and sometimes I have freak random thoughts that someone in my family is going to cancer or meet some accident. Morbid eh? And when i take plane rides, the thoughts that cross my mind are of those that the plane can potentially crash or get hijacked.

While its time to return to working, now Im counting my blessings that Im actually given the shot at becoming a doctor. Makes me so much less miserable as I memorise drug names ((:

Good luck to those who are preparing for exams too!

2 comments:

dazyer said...

Wow, you really mean it when you say you MIA...

How's the mugging coming along now?

Anyway, glasiere's on sign-in lock for a month cos of a supposed security leak by one of my friends. So, just get an empty shell account if you have the urge to satisfy your longing for me during a respite from mugging (:

KT said...

It gets worse.

She was actually one of my good friends and was an incredibly lovely person.

Sigh.....