Sunday, December 07, 2008

5 days to Singapore!

Yes! Beedle the Bard is here (: 
I love it loads. I like the way the way JK Rowling's so poignant and the way the tales are fairy-tale like and yet not snow-white-goosebumps-inducing. She creates fun protagonists (unlike disney's snow white or sleeping beauty) who have a personality and are more real than typical fairy tales! 
But all in all, arent we all glad that she is back? (: 

I know its absolutely ridiculous, but i do get terribly homesick just prior to going back (yes i know it is less than 1 week and time will pass quickly) :x This has been going one for about 2 weeks, and I am lagging behind for about 1month of work, and I have no idea how Im going to fit in holidays and meet-ups and mugging for the test when term reopens.  Either way, I just hope I would be more productive at home.  

Sometimes, i wonder if western medicine is really all that amazing and if Chinese meds are really not trustworthy. Firstly, (at least here in lovely UK) GPs are closed on Sundays. (Dj: "星期天没人生病啊?) Secondly, Im ashamed to say that now I believe chinese cough mixtures and teas and pills work so much better than anti-tussives and cough mixtures and whatever-nots which the angmohs have come up. After going on like she is about to die and coughing so hard she threw up, dj miraculously stopped coughing after downing some cheena dubious thing which my mum packed into my 药箱. I can so see my mum gloating and going 西医治标不治本. 
Either way, Im going lug a whole load of these chinese meds and panadol cold and flu mixture (my roomie swears by it and she is now currently a big fan of "Singaporean Medicine"- basically random chinese stuff and over the counter meds which we have all the time back home). Maybe boxes of these cough teas and whatnots would make good bday presents hur? ((: 

And sometimes, I do wish I have more friends in London who would be able to randomly have sunday dimsum like brunches with me. 

Anndddddd, Huien is coming to London this thursday, sad thing is, Im flying first thing friday morning and I have lects till late on thursday evening. Meaning that I wont have more than a couple of hours with hunnybuns :(

But still, 
I cant wait to be back. ((: 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awww lucky..have fun

i'm gonna miss u as well..ah wells. i'll see u in feb soon. btw i invited mich tan along for norway trip..she's going to be in sweden from jan-june.

is the tales of barb as good as the HP series??
ern

ron said...

Yayyness, I know mich tan is mad too, we will have loads of fun!

And i like tales of barb a lot, its very diff from HP but erms, heheh, dont buy it ok? :))))
(Thats if you can wait till feb. Omg, this is so obvious heh.)

tafmai said...

西医治标不治本. means what?

you come back already?