Thursday, September 06, 2007

Movie Marathon!

I have never watched so many movies in a span of 1 week. And the movies i have watched these few days (and still counting) are:

1. 881: Exceeded my expectations totally. It was brilliant! Roystan Tan has done magic. The hokkien songs were surprisingly melodious, the actresses hot and acted amazingly well. Though dramatic, but I still like the whole feel of it. Isnt getai all about drama and exaggeration anyway?
4 Thumbs up (:

2. Hairspray: Many people gave this show amazing reviews (including garry), though I thought otherwise. I personally preferred 881, thought it had a better plot, and more interesting songs, and better looking actresses. Of course, the male protagonist was a great bonus and Penny was gorgeous and hot, the dresses were pretty, but i'm still a singaporean girl at heart. So, our local getai mei-s and their yi ren yi ban over Good Morning Baltimore!
3.5 Thumbs up (:

3. Bourne Ultimatium: Matt Damon has done it again. He has managed to look delicious even though he is caked with blood, has a broken nose, limp limbs and a perpetual raised-eye sarcastic look. It made me dizzy with all the "shaky camera" shots to imitate chaos and fight, but guess it was necessary since it was a thriller. It was a good 3rd part to the bourne trilogy, unlike Matrix who kinda went down after some time.
3.5 thumbs up (:

4. Ratatouille: What more can I say, Pixar has done it again!! Now, i want a rat, like how Ron had one too. And i loved the way the character in the show reminded me of Ron. I love anything that reminds me of Ron, of course, it helped that the Rat was called Remy. And Remys are generally cute ;)
4 Thumbs up (:

No comments: