Wednesday, April 04, 2012

A little insight

Recently as finals near, everyone seem to be getting incredibly stressed and slightly off. Understandable of course. I really wished I could do something about it to help them feel better. Not that I haven't tried, but it seems like there's probably nothing that can make them feel better really :(

I then spoke to another friend about it yesterday- someone in my group, someone older and someone who probably has seen more of this world than I have. What he said struck me hard. I was told that given my background and past records I have probably not failed any exams (major ones at least) which accounts for my confidence. Moreover in med school, I appear to be doing better than them results wise, even tho they may not necessarily study any less than me. And of course, its only understandable that they would feel more stressed and unhappy. I really haven't thought of things this way- I didn't know that I've this effect on people. It actually affects me slightly that they think it that way, cos when I look at my mates, I see these amazing people that take my breath away. People who are so incredibly talented and all rounded and ridiculously smart and nice. They are people whom I feel so blessed to have in my life.

I guess, all I can do is to just pretend I know of none of these and stop being so nosy.

No comments: